VBS is back with a new name: Kids Camp!
In 2019 we’ll be bringing kids together again for the same great summer day camp experience. We’re excited to get kids POWERED UP and RAISE THEIR GAME for life with Jesus.
Kids Camp will connect with kids through a fun video game theme and teach them that God loves them, wants a relationship with them, and that God’s power has given us everything we need in this game of life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- McClellanville, Mount Pleasant, and West Ashley: Children entering Kindergarten – 6th grade in the fall of 2019. (Must be 5 years old by Sept 1, 2019.)
Summerville Campus: Children entering Kindergarten – 5th grade in the fall of 2019. (Must be 5 years old by Sept 1, 2019.)
- We do offer limited childcare (for Birth – 4 years old) for children of volunteers during the week of Kids Camp.
- We do allow some rising 6th-12th graders as junior leaders to serve.
- YES! On the child registration form there is a location to specify if your child has a physical or special need.
- There is also a location to communicate what that need is and any other important issue that will help us better accommodate the child while at Kids Camp.
- Someone will contact you after the form is submitted to talk further about the needs of your child.
- If you would like to discuss whether Kids Camp is a good fit for your child before you register, please contact us directly at Kidscoast@seacoast.org.
- YES! We do not pre-assign kids into small groups.
- On the first day of Kids Camp, you will take them to a small group and they can stay together in that same group for the rest of the week.
- We encourage friends to meet up in the foyer before entering the Worship Center.
- YES! We do prefer that the older child go with the younger one’s group.
- The Kids Camp small groups are generally divided by grade, but we have many blended groups!
- The great thing about how we do our group assignments is that we allow kids to go where they want to on the first day and will stay together in that same group for the rest of the week.
- YES! Parents are welcome to be a part of the Kids Camp experience.
- If you need to be with your child throughout the week, we will ask that you go through a background check in order to travel with their group.
- These background procedures are required for all individuals 18 and over to provide for a safe and secure environment for the children.
- Please sign up to serve with us at Kids Camp!
- The volunteer application form has a place to indicate the need for childcare (Birth – 4 years old).
- Childcare (Preschool Kids Camp) is reserved for parents who serve at Kids Camp and is not an open group.
- Space is limited, so register early.
- As you enter the facility you will find kiosks with touch screen computers on each one.
- Use the touch screen and begin by entering the phone number you used when you registered your child. After your family profile appears, tap each child’s name that will be attending that day in your family, then hit “next”
- From there you should be able to check-in through the system and print name tags.
- Each child will receive TWO nametags with an identification number code and the parent will receive ONE pick-up sticker, per child, with corresponding number code.
- One of the child’s stickers will go on their shirt; the other sticker goes to their assigned small group leader. Please keep the pick-up sticker in order to get your child at the end of the event.
- After you drop off your child and place their stickers in the right location, you are free to leave.
- YES! We will have our check-in kiosks available at the end of each day for parents to pre-print the next day’s tags.
- We encourage you to take advantage of this in order to alleviate lines each morning.
- Pre-registration is preferred. Limited walk-up registrations are accepted for Kids Camp.
- Registration will be open 30 minutes before the beginning of Kids Camp.
- We will have leaders in place to accept children at that time.
- Please pick your child up at the time the session ends promptly.
- We do not have any extended care available.
- If you arrive early, please wait until the children have finished that session before you pick them up from their group/classroom.
- Locate your child’s group and identify the leader.
- Show the leader your pick-up sticker printed at check-in prior to the event.
- The leader will verify the code with the code on your child’s sticker and release your child to you.
- You will be asked to go to a specified location and have your pick-up sticker reprinted.
- You will be asked to show a photo ID at that location that matches the information of the child.
- Please be patient with our team, with so many kids we want to make sure each child is safe and leaves with the proper adult.
- Security will increase due to parents leaving campus after dropping off their children; please understand our situation if we take extra steps to ensure the safety of the kids in our program.
- We understand that during events such as Kids Camp that multiple people may be handling the transportation of the children to and from Kids Camp.
- You may transfer the sticker to another adult who may be picking the child up.
- We will also accept a photo of the pick-up sticker, so you may text the photo to another adult.
- We will not accept a phone call of permission, email, or text message that is text only of the number code.
- The pick-up sticker has a date and security code that makes it viable and the randomness of the codes each day helps ensure the security for the children.
At this time, no refunds will be given as supplies for Kids Camp have been purchased. Thank you for your understanding.