If you are experiencing a financial crisis and need assistance obtaining basic resources, the list of organizations below can make a difference in your life.
Mount Pleasant Campus
- The Seacoast Auto Ministries helps those facing the challenges of choosing between making ends meet and being able to afford basic car maintenance and repair. Services ranging from safety inspections and oil changes to minor repair. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The North Charleston Dream Center
- Currently, the Dream Center Pantry will be open on Thursdays, 9 – 11 am. For more information, contact Pablo Morales at email@example.com.
- Dream Center Food Truck will be providing meals to the homeless in the Charleston area on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. For more information, contact Kim Lookabill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Dream Center Clinic (DCC) is a free medical and dental clinic serving the residents of North Charleston, West Ashley and Hanahan. The DCC provides primary care, disease management, as well as dental and vision care. For more information, call 843-225-1115.
- Summerville Campus Food Pantry is open the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 9–11 am. Proof of income is not required, but please bring your photo ID with you each time you join us. For more information, contact Summer Zimmerman at Summerzimmerman@seacoast.org.
- Seacoast Auto Ministries helps those facing the challenges of choosing between making ends meet and being able to afford basic car maintenance and repair. Services ranging from safety inspections and oil changes to minor repair. For more information, contact Summer Zimmerman at Summerzimmerman@seacoast.org or call 843-486-0193.
West Ashley Campus
- West Ashely Campus Food Pantry will be open on Thursdays from 8 – 10:30 am. In addition, the Commodity Supplemental Food Program Senior Food Box distribution will be held at the same time. Recipients must be 60+ years old, provide ID, and proof of income if not pre-registered.
- West Ashley Medical Clinic will be open Wednesdays 6 pm – 8 pm. For more information and to make an appointment contact: email@example.com or call 843-225-3345. Walk-in’s welcome.
- Seacoast Auto Ministries helps those facing the challenges of choosing between making ends meet and being able to afford basic car maintenance and repair. Services range from safety inspections and oil changes to minor repairs. To apply, text WESTLM to 32320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ECCO provides assistance, resources, and guidance to neighbors in the East Copper community. Services include a food pantry, financial assistance, medical clinic, clothing closet, prescription help, and more. For more information visit: https://eccocharleston.org/.
James Island Outreach
- James Island Outreach provides a variety of resources to the local James Island and Folly Beach communities including emergency food, financial assistance, GED classes, and referrals. For more information, visit: olmoutreach.org/.
Lowcountry Food Bank
- If you need immediate food assistance, you can find the closest available food pantry near you using this Pantry Finder. Find A Location
Meals on Wheels
- Meals on Wheels assists the elderly and those who are homebound regardless of age. They are making services available to anyone quarantined due to the virus or at a high risk. For more information about areas covered and to see if you qualify visit, https://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/%E2%80%AF
- Neighbors Together offers services including medical care, job training, food pantry, hygiene products, legal services, clothing, rental assistance, and more. For more information, call: 843-747-1788 or visit https://neighborstogethersc.org/services/.
Our Lady of Mercy Food Pantry
- Our Lady of Mercy provides a variety of resources to the local Johns Island and Wadmalaw Island community including, but not limited to; a dental clinic, OB/GYN clinic, clothing closet, food pantry, ESOL classes, GED classes. For more information, visit: olmoutreach.org/.
Trident United Way Of South Carolina
- This website has links to local resources such as rental assistance, benefit counseling, utility assistance, food, and more. Visit: www.tuw.org/find-resources or dial 211 24hrs a day to be connected to additional resources in your area.
*Check with organizations regularly for updates on hours and locations.