Right now we have an opportunity to do more, not less! God is showing us new ways to make a difference in our communities. Please join us in being the hands and feet of Jesus in this time of uncertainty and reach out to show God’s love.
Here are some ways to help provide food for your community:
The North Charleston Dream Center
- Currently, the Dream Center Pantry will be open on Thursdays, 9 – 11 am. They are accepting non-perishable food donations daily. If you can assist with the drive-up distribution, please register. For more information, contact Pablo Morales: email@example.com.
- The Dream Center Clinic is only refilling prescriptions, and not treating patients at this time.
West Ashley Campus
- The West Ashely Campus Food Pantry will be delivering food to those in need. If you are in need of food or able to assist with food orders and delivery, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Car Care will be open on the 4th Saturday of the month, 8 am – 12 pm.
- At this time, ECCO is serving clients through food distribution from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, Tuesday – Thursday.
- ECCO is in need of non-perishable food items, specifically canned meals that only need to be heated, as well as bottled water, and cleaning products. For serve opportunities please contact Jo Cooper at email@example.com or by calling 843-416-7127.
Meals on Wheels
- Meals on Wheels assists the elderly and those who are homebound regardless of age. They are making services available to anyone quarantined due to the virus or at a high risk. Meals are delivered in a cooler and left at their homes, so the risk of cross contamination is significantly lower. If you are in need of a delivery, please contact 843- 881-9350, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lowcountry Food Bank
- The Lowcountry Food Bank is packaging Disaster Relief Boxes and is looking for volunteers to sign up for different blocks during this week. If your team is looking for opportunities to serve, this could be a great place to start. Kids need to be 12 or older. Click here to SIGN UP.
- Blood and plasma donations are still needed. Visit redcross.org to schedule a donation.
- SC Thrive focuses on food security, healthcare resources and financial wellness through work supports such as SNAP, Medicaid and tax credits, like the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credits. Free online tax filing and a list of coronavirus resources are also available through their website.
- To apply for benefits, call the SC Thrive Contact Center at 1-800-726-8774 or visit SC Thrive.
Local Food Banks
Donate canned goods and non-perishables to your local food bank. For a list of local partners: visit: seacoast.org/local_missions_categories/local-missions/.
Johns Island and surrounding islands
Our Lady of Mercy Food Pantry is acceptingcanned goods and non-perishable foods.
1684 Brownswood Dr.
Johns Island SC 29455
If you are in need of food, please stop by the pantry. For more information, visit olmoutreach.org/.
- Campus Blessing Boxes: Donate canned goods and non-perishables, or if you are in need of food for your family, visit our Blessing Box at 212 Roper Mountain Rd., Greenville, SC.
“Take what you need / Leave what you have” pantry at our Office Location: 33 Mall Connector Rd, Greenville, SC 29607
We will continue to serve local needs in cooperation with our local partners. Additional opportunities will be listed as they become available. Please check with your campus for more information or visit: seacoast.org/localmissions.
*As the situation evolves, serve opportunities are likely to change. Check with organizations regularly for updates.